Sedation Dentistry An Overview
Patient comfort has always been one of our top priorities at Cosmetic Dentistry Associates. To provide our patients with the best dentistry has to offer, we offer a full range of amenities. Our compassionate, attentive dental care team work with you to help you feel at ease during your visit to our Pomona, NY dentist office.
Under the care of our experienced team, you can receive the dental care you need without fear or anxiety. Fortunately we are able to offer our patients sedation dentistry to help alleviate this fear and anxiety so they can receive the dental care they need. We can work with you to find the right type of dental sedation for your needs. Our dentists will perform a complete evaluation of your oral cavity and discuss your medical history before recommending the best form of sedation.
Am I A Candidate For Dental Sedation?
Dental sedation can be tailored to meet your unique needs. For patients who have dental fear or anxiety, dental sedation can be the solution they need. Factors like the type of sedation and dosage are dependent on age, overall health, and dental condition. Our team will work with you to explore your options and answer any questions you may have.
If you have any of the following conditions, you may benefit from sedation dentistry:
- Tooth sensitivity
- Dental fear
- Fear of the dentist
- Fear of dental needles or drills
- Have a condition that makes it difficult to remain still
- Strong gag reflex
The Benefits of Dental Sedation
Sedation dentistry is a great tool that can be utilized for patients of all ages. No matter the form of sedation, you can look forward to these key benefits.
- Faster Treatment Time: Dental sedation allows you to remain comfortable and relaxed throughout your appointment; this allows your dentist to work faster and more efficiently.
- Fewer Visits To The Office: Your dentist may be able to perform multiple treatments while you are under dental sedation.
- Anxiety Relief: Many patients struggle with dental fear or anxiety. Under dental sedation, you can find some relief. Most patients report feeling completely at ease during their treatment.