Welcome back…we missed you!
Everyone at Cosmetic Dentistry Associates is excited to welcome you back.
Dear Patients and Friends:
We hope you and your family are healthy and happy. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to welcoming you to your dental home. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and quality dentistry.
Patients have commented for years that our practice is unsurpassed in cleanliness. Over the past few months we have doubled down on our infection control procedures. Our goal is simple: safety and comfort. You will see many changes as we have new ways of scheduling patients and managing your financial transactions for your safety.
Our office follows and exceeds infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We continue to monitor the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We have added these steps (among others) to help protect our patients and staff:
- Our office will communicate with you two days before your visit to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again as you enter the office.
- We ask you to text or call us at 845-364-0400 when you arrive at our parking lot. We are not using the reception room at this time. A staff member will greet you when it is time to enter. Every doctor, staff member, and patient will have their temperature taken using a contact-free thermometer prior to entering the office.
- It is essential for ALL patients, staff members, and delivery workers to wear a mask when entering our office and “traffic flow” in the office will be strictly in one direction to continue social distancing.
- All people who enter will be asked to de-glove (if wearing gloves) and wash their hands for 20 seconds at our hand-wash station.
- Hand sanitizers will be positioned around the office.
- You will be taken to an operatory by a dental assistant, where you will rinse with a safe disinfectant rinse.
- We will be seeing fewer patients each day and working in less rooms than before to allow for social distancing and minimal wait times.
- You will notice that doctors, hygienists, and assistants will be wearing PPEs at all times including gloves, masks, head covers, disposable gowns, and shields. You can see photos of us in our new garb on our Facebook Page (Cosmetic Dentistry Associates) and our website: dentistryofrockland.com.
- Included in our infection control protocol: highest rating HEPA filtration; Ionizing air purifiers throughout the office; New highspeed evacuation devices, office “fogging” several times a day with a non-toxic air cleaner; Increased time between patients to completely cleanse every inch of the office and MANY other safety measures.
- Unfortunately, it has become necessary to share our patient safety costs with our patients. The Patient Safety Fee of $25 per visit is a small portion of the costs we are experiencing for infection control. We plan to eliminate this fee when our costs lower. PPEs are still hard to come by and only available to us at inflated fees.
- We will be providing teledentistry at times if you would like to speak from outside the office.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you safe in our practice. Please call Denise or Karen at 845-364-0400 or visit our website to schedule your next visit or simply to catch up!
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Peter Auster
Dr. Frances Tang
Dr. Dide Tosyali and staff