Dentures & Partials An Overview
If you are missing a full arch or both arches of your teeth, partial dentures or dentures may be the right solution for you. Dr. Petere Auster and Dr. Frances Tang place cosmetic dentures, partials, and implant supported dentures in our Pomona, NY dentist office. We use high-quality material and advanced technology to create a tooth replacement solution that is right for you. Our team takes a comprehensive, personalized approach to full mouth restoration. Visit Cosmetic Dentistry Associates to receive the dental care you need.
Common Type of Dentures
- Removable Dentures: A custom removable dentures is taken out daily and held into place using a high-quality adhesive. This form of tooth replacement requires daily cleaning and maintenance. Most patients with removable dentures often seek a more stable solution for their teeth replacement in the future.
- Fixed Dentures: A fixed denture, also known as an implant secured denture, is a permanent restoration. Implant secured dentures offer a long-lasting, stable solution for lost teeth. This solution also allows you to smile, chew, and speak without worry of slippage.
Benefits of Implant Secured Dentures
When you lose your teeth, the remaining teeth shift to fill the empty space your missing teeth left behind. The bone underneath your missing teeth also begins to deteriorate until the point where it can no longer support your remaining teeth. Implants are designed to replace the natural tooth root, which helps stimulate the jaw bone and prevent further deterioration. Many patients choose implant supported dentures because it offers them a secure and natural looking solution for missing teeth.
With implant supported dentures, you can also look forward to these key benefits:
- Improved gum health
- Prevents bone retention
- Prevents facial sagging due to missing teeth
- A more secure solution
- A convenient option for lost teeth
- Minimizes irritation to the gum tissue and surrounding areas