Dental Implants - Pomona, NY
Regain Your Complete Smile… for Life
If you don’t replace a missing tooth, you may see a decline in oral health and the loss of additional teeth. In fact, studies show that when a missing tooth isn’t replaced, up to 20% of neighboring teeth are lost in the next 4 to 8 years. If you have an incomplete smile, you need to know about dental implants in Pomona.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer a number of advantages for people dealing with tooth loss. Some of these include:
- As a comprehensive replacement option, dental implants reduce or eliminate the risk of jawbone deterioration which occurs after tooth loss.
- Dental implants provide improved stability and strength, meaning no slippage or looseness from your tooth replacement.
- The replacement teeth will look and feel just as good as your natural teeth.
- Dental implants are more comfortable than traditional dentures.
- Your facial structure regains support it needs to help you maintain a more youthful appearance.
- There is no need for denture adhesive -- your dental implants will fit just like they should from day one, on.
- Because they replace the entire tooth structure rather than just the individual crown, dental implants are typically as easy to clean as your natural teeth.
- They can last a lifetime with proper care.
- Dental implants have a very high success rate, with procedures being as much as 98% successful.
Indications for Dental Implants
You can count on dental implants to complete your smile no matter how many teeth you are missing. The indications for dental implants are listed below.
Missing One Tooth
A single missing tooth can be replaced without altering the teeth that surround it with a dental implant. The implant post is surgically placed beneath the gum line and allowed to heal together with the jaw bone. After 4 to 6 months, it will be restored with a natural-looking dental crown.
Missing Multiple Teeth
In cases where multiple teeth have been lost, 2 to 3 dental implants can retain a natural-looking dental bridge. This method prevents the surrounding teeth from shifting around and restores your ability to eat, speak, and smile with confidence.
Missing All Teeth
If an entire arch of teeth has gone missing in the upper or lower jaw, an implant-retained denture can provide maximum stability for your smile. A strategic number of dental implant posts will be used to secure the denture, which can be fixed or removable depending on your preference and personal needs.
The Dental Implant Process
At your consultation, we will evaluate your oral health and jawbone density. If you appear to be a good candidate for implants, our Periodontist will schedule a simple surgery in which he will insert the tiny posts into your jawbone. Precise placement is crucial to success, so we use advanced scanning technology to determine the ideal location for your implants. You’ll receive one post for every tooth to be replaced, or a few implant posts to secure a prosthetic.
Once your jawbone fuses with the posts, which can take a few months, the dentist will attach your custom-made replacement teeth. Until then, you can wear temporary teeth. After the permanent restorations are placed, you’ll experience renewed oral health, increased confidence, and a smile that looks and feels completely natural. Whether you’re chewing steak or a caramel apple, implants do the job of healthy, natural teeth, and they create a smile that’s absolutely wonderful.
Cost of Dental Implants
Dental implants cost more than other options in tooth replacement but they also offer a longer-term investment that promotes oral and overall health. The price of your procedure will depend on several factors, like how many teeth you are missing, where in the jaw they are located, and how healthy your jaw is at the time of the procedure. Remember that the process involves at least two oral surgeries, several visits tot he dentist, and high-quality materials and tools -- all of which will increase the cost. But whatever the price, dental implants are well-worth the investment!
Dentistry for Distinctive Smiles
Call Cosmetic Dentistry Associates in Rockland County, NY at (845) 245-6192 today to schedule your appointment with Dr. Auster, Dr. Tang, Dr. Tosyali, or Dr. Tesser. Our patients in Pomona, Rockland County, New City, Suffern, and Northern New Jersey enjoy personalized service and world-class care.